Have you ever heard the phrase, “You get what you see?” – this purely means that you can create reality when you create a thought about something. You probably have heard about vision boards, which are simply a visual collage of images and words that represent your goals, dreams, and aspirations for life.
Now a Personal Vision Board is something similar to that, but we are talking about goals and dreams for your career or, let’s say, personal life. A personal vision board is a powerful tool to activate the Law of Attraction (I’m sure you have heard of this law – you attract into your life whatever you’re focusing on).
I know it’s only the start of 2022, but have you thought about how you want to end the year? Do you have a vision for what you want your career to look like when you finish the year? Let’s talk career vision board.
A career personal vision board is the most profound expression of what you want in life and aspire to achieve. It’s a description of your future, not a prediction of what it will be. This type of personal vision says a lot about what kind of person you want to be and what you want out of life, family and work.
How To Make Your Personal 2022 Vision
Let’s get into it and create your personal description of the future you dream about.
First Step: Create your Personal Vision Narrative
Sit down and think about what you want to achieve in 2022 in your career. This exercise is meant to make you imagine yourself and your life at that time. Be very descriptive and write a vivid description of all aspects of your life. Write your vision as if it is at the end of the year.
Start writing down a story describing specifically:
- What are you doing: what’s your role, what time of jobs do you have, are you achieving your career goals within the company?
- Where are you: are you in the same job position? Are you working from home? Or in the office? Do you have a pleasant work environment?
- What you are thinking: are you enjoying your job and the people you work with? Are you achieving your career goals, what challenges are you facing, are you earning enough money?
- Who is there: your co-workers, your boss, your manager, what kind of people are you working with?
- What your environment looks like: think about your ideal work environment, if it’s home or in the office, do you have a good work-life balance and so on.
Step Two: Colour the Detail of your Personal Vision
Think of all areas that your job affects in your life, such as money, family, social life, personal development, work environment, health, etc. Think about what you want and dream most of it in relation to your career. This exercise will make you write the most important elements of your personal vision. Here are some questions to get you thinking and writing about it.
- What would your job look and feel like?
- What would your main achievements be career-wise?
- How would you spend your free time?
- What relationships would you focus on, especially at work?
- What does your personal life look like?
- What would your key highlights be?
- Consider how you want to make a difference in your job path
- Think about what a particular path will give you in return
Step Three: Observation and Sharing
Now look back and take a moment to observe what you have envisioned for your vision board. What’s the overall theme there? Can you see any dreams and wishes that you’ll need to work on? Is there anything that you have achieved or is close to achieving?
Think about it, and once you have taken the time to look into it, you can now try to put this into a coherent statement of your desired future.
Finally, after you have taken the time to create your personal vision board, you can start to think about the step you will need to take to make changes to get there. Remember to take the time to vision/imagine what your ideal work environment looks like or what kind of people you want to be surrounded by each day at work.
You’ll spend a significant amount of time at work, so envisioning your ideal work environment is an excellent start to creating change. If you need to Make a Career Transition in 2022 or you need to think if This is The Right Time to Quit My Job, contact Career Stylr for a personalised strategy to get your dream job.