After a tumultuous 2020 and 21, you may be thinking, what’s installed for 2022? Are you rethinking your position at work or your current workplace? If that’s in your mind right now, let’s take the first step to get your career transition process started for 2022. Or, if you are not quite ready to make the transition, you can always search for a new job to start 2022 fresh.
The Time is Now
Is this the right time? Yes absolutely! Now is always the right time to take charge of your career and move forward in your job/position. Taking the first steps is always challenging, but you’ll never look back once you do it. Career Stylr can help you make the right changes to your career and help you transition to a new job or career in 2022.
Are you ready for your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
Get Clear On Your Next Career Move
When you decide to look for a career change, the first step is to research the area or job you want to move to. Consider what you want to do and why you want to make the change. Think of these questions:
- What do you need and want from your current job?
- What skills and experience do you have to offer to potential employers?
- What type of role interests you?
- What kind of organisation do you identify with?
Take the time to think about your answers, and when you are ready, write it down and make it very clear. This way, you will have a clear vision of what you are looking for.
How To Build/Demonstrate Credibility:
Credibility is one of the most important assets to have. Many will look at you as a reliable resource and decision-maker if you are a credible person.
To cultivate credibility, you need to build trust, loyalty, honesty and accountability. For example, when you aren’t sure about something, express that or if you make a mistake owned it.
Transparency is the fundamental keystone and the core source of credibility. Remember that you “can’t fake it till you make it”. Having that approach will only do damage to your credibility. You need a solid foundation that will last no matter what changes may be ahead. Berin genuine and sincere will go a long way when building your credibility.
Where To Find New Opportunities:
Now that you know what you want to do and where to take your career, you can start looking for new opportunities in job boards, insider programs, and hidden job markets.
Explore opportunities in as many places as possible this will give you an idea of what to look for. If you need a hand with your resume or cover letter, Pam Foster from CareerStylr will help you redesign, rearrange or rewrite your resume to suit your needs.
Here are the top best job sites to find/look for a new job:
- Government job search – remember local councils are always looking for people
- Company websites – especially if you know which company you want to transition to
Increase Your Visibility On Linkedin:
To increase your visibility on Linkedin, you need to make your profile eye-catching and searchable. When people or potential employers can’t find you, you must make it easier for them to see you. Here are the top Linkedin tips to boost your profile:
- Optimise your profile to stand out – choose the right words so you may appear in search results. You need to stand out from the crowd.
- Browse possible connections – when you connect with other people, you will join their first-degree contacts and all their connections. Building connections and leaving positive recommendations will help to increase your visibility.
- Sign on to CRE groups on Linkedin – the more extensive your network, the easier it will be to find your profile. You can also join target groups to make yourself more visible.
- Share status updates in your news feed – when you share or update your work or professional interest in your status, your connections may interact with you. That will become more visible to your connections’ contacts – meaning you are more visible.
- Use the Linkedin Publisher – use the free platform to showcase your expertise. This will also help to expose and establish your credibility.
- Be patient – The more time you spend growing your network and sharing updates, the more visible you will be.
Growing your network is crucial for job searching or contemplating a career transition in 2022. The more connections you have, the more visible you are to potential employers. Build connections and a network that you can lead to future opportunities.